The Hawk

Student News at Jefferson High School

The Hawk

The Hawk

Ms.graczky
April 10, 2024
Ms.Gray interview
Ms.Gray interview
March 15, 2024
Interview for Ms. M
February 8, 2024
Ms.lange
Ms.lange
January 24, 2024

Interview for Ms. M

Ms. M is an English teacher in room 249. She teaches English 11, English 12, and Transitional English 12 this year. Ms. M was inspired by her sophomore-year English teacher, Ms. Ludtke, and my Speech/Yearbook teacher, Mrs. Campbell. They were the best teachers she ever had. Their classrooms were comfortable and both teachers were so approachable. During her early career, Ms. M ended up being a teacher’s assistant during my junior and senior years for Ms. Ludtke for her Mystery/Poetry class and her Tech Theatre class. According to Ms. M, she liked being a TA it allowed her to see different sides to teaching and she was able to see other classes that she wouldn’t have taken herself as electives. She thinks having those two strong, independent, and compassionate teachers made her seriously consider becoming a teacher. As a teacher now, she often thinks about what her predecessors might do in any given situation in the classroom while teaching. 

Ms. M’s favorite memory at Jefferson was having students come back and say “Hi.” This is her second year here at Jefferson and the first year she had students again (which she also enjoys), Ms. M states that this is also the first time in her teaching career that students are still in the building the next year and stop by to catch up or tell me how things are going. she likes that – she likes seeing her students again. 

Ms. M is an amazing teacher. She is kind, caring, helpful, and easy to talk to, and will always be there for you when you need someone to talk to about anything.